Auto insurance is an important purchase but finding affordable auto insurance in Utah isn’t always easy. Thats why its important to compare the premiums of different insurance companies.
Drivers in Utah pay an average annual auto insurance premium of $1386 which is $9 less than the national average. But car insurance rates are determined by where you live. Car insurance rates depend on factors such as the drivers age and driving history. Data experts analyze average Utah auto insurance rates against these rating factors to help you find the right policy for you.
How to Save On Car Insurance Utah
Auto insurance rates for drivers in Utah are below average. But if youre looking for affordable car insurance there are ways to lower your premium. Here are some tips.
- Pay your premium in full: If you can pay your annual premium upfront and in full your insurance company may lower your premium.
- Take Defensive Driver Courses: Many insurance companies offer discounts to drivers who complete a certified defensive driver training course.
- Improve your credit score: If you have a low credit score improving your credit can help you get a better car insurance rate.
- Switch Insurance Companies: Switching insurance companies is always an option if you are unhappy with your current rate and think you can get a better deal elsewhere.
After comparing prices from different companies you may still find that your quote is unreasonable. How to reduce premium costs:
- Ask if you can be included in your parents policy. Buying a joint plan with your parents is usually much cheaper than buying two separate plans.
- Ask your insurance company about possible discounts. Getting a discount for good grades Taking safe driving classes and keeping a safe car are common ways to save.
- Reduce unnecessary coverage. Accident and full coverage is not required if you have a free kicker.
- Roadside assistance is not required if you have a brand new car as it is usually under warranty.
Optional coverage in Utah (varies by carrier):
- Loan/Lease Payment
- Rental Car Payment Uninsured/Underinsured
- Roadside Assistance
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury/Uninsured Motorist
- Property Damage Blue Windshield
If you use better car safety insurance you can buy policemen with comprehensive coverage and surface collisions from burnt shakaran by collision with health hazards pelturian destruction or weather events. It should be noted that better car insurance compares to price: $1.000 deductible on Utahpolis comprehensive insurance is $1.257 114% more than basic insurance coverage. Cost $500 and cost $1.459.
Which Is The Best Car Insurance Company In Utah?
The cheapest car insurance company in Utah is different for every driver. Remember how many factors insurers analyze before giving you a quote. Factors like bad credit or a clean driving record can have a big impact on where you can find the cheapest car insurance rates.
State Farm GEICO USAA and Progressive are some of the big names you may be familiar with. But dont forget about smaller companies like American Family or Car Owners. Depending on your profile the best interest rate may be hiding where you least expect it.
Before choosing an insurance company get several quotes and compare them to see which provider can offer you the lowest price for the amount and type of coverage you need.
Average Auto Insurance Costs Utah By Age
Another high-risk category likely to pay higher rates in Utah is teenage drivers. Young drivers have less experience and are at higher risk of both accidents and violations. As a result 16-year-old drivers pay the highest average premiums in Utah.
Teen drivers make up only 8 percent of licensed drivers in Utah but they account for 20 percent of all car crashes in the state. This age group is unfortunately 1.7 times more likely to be involved in an accident in Utah than any other age group.